Saturday, March 22, 2008

My Lens,My friend:Nikon 80-200mm F2.8D ED AFS

This lens is heavy and nice black in color.I bought this lens from one of my friend,Tareaque.When I first saw this land,I was astonised.The appearnce is so sexy.The lens is very well constructed.It has a supplied lens hood and nice collar.The non rotating front allows the mounting of 77mm filters for professional users.The nice thing is that, it does not change the size of lens during zooming or focusin.When I first hold it,it seemed to me that,I am touching the real thing in photography and felt slightly proud to have this lens.My friend taraque brought it from Australia.One day I went his residence for visit him.While talking about photography or something else,he showed me the lens.I was speeechless at this time.I aske him if he wanted to sell this lens.He agreed only for 18,000 taka(BDT).But I managed the lens only for BDT.10,000.00 after the long burgaining.


The removable tripod collar is well built and provide good lens support on a tripod. I also found the tripod collar useful for providing extra grib onto the lens when I don't use a tripod or monopod with it. There are 3 buttons on the lens barrel which supposedly will freeze focus when pressed.AFS works well on both my F100 and N70. Auto focusing is swift and silent as advertised.

                                                           Specification:

Lens Type:
80-200mm F2.8D ED AFS
Lens Construction:
18 Elements in 14 Groups (5 ED Elements)
Minimum Focusing Distance:
1.5m (4.9 feet)
Attachment Size:77mm
Weight:1.58kg (55.7 oz) with Tripod Collar



No comments: